Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Living Large

We began our week long family vacation at Madeline's. We celebrated Alex's 14th birthday there with an absolutely incredible meal. Although that is par for the course at their house, this was extra special because we dined on one of Gillan's turkeys. I have never eaten turkey like that in my life. I love that kid, and that family! Thanks guys! However, my kids took out my sd card so I was not able to capture any images of the beginning of our holiday. I took loads after we arrived at the beach, just to make up for the prior lack!

Edisto Beach is charming. We had a blast sharing our holiday with my parents, John's parents, and John's sister and her husband. More great food, lots of beautiful weather, and more fun than you can shake a stick at.
Sophie's Detritus
The preferred activity of the week
Cool rainbow
Old farts watching the kids play in the surf
Playing games with Nina

My Parents
Me and Ella
Playing in the surf with Grandpa Mike
My beautiful children
John and Max

Sorting things out in the kitchen
Running from big storm waves
Alex in his favorite spot all week
Water spout during the big storm
Secrets
Sophie's pure joy
Ella riding the waves
Sophie
Ray and Nina
Me with my mom and dad
Max chillin'
John's parents
Ella with her constant companion
Alex with John's parents
The kids with Nina
Playing in the surf
Ella and Max
Grandmas..with the apron I made for Mother's Day
The motley crew celebrating Alex's 14th Birthday
Alex with the cool butterflies from G.Mike and G.Midge
Alex with me and John
Alex with my parents

6 comments:

Cap'n Franko said...

Looks like fun to me!

Heather said...

We were just in Folly Beach. I love the south Carolina coast. So much fun!

Jessica said...

That water spout pic is amazing!!! What a cool thing for you guys to see and capture. I see your mom in Sofie, something about her eyes. What a beautiful family.

laura said...

it's so nice "seeing" your faces again!! looks like a wonderful vacation. i LOVE edisto. we were married on the beach there. my total dream vacation: house on the beach with a good book and board and card games and family and friends!!!!

Madeline Rains said...

Fantastic! Especially cool water spout. I've never even heard of one. I see no old farts. You all look fabulous, especially you!

Alex Polikowsky said...

sounds like you guys were having a good time!
Gosh Alex is soooooo tall now! and he is still a baby..I am sure he will disagree about that!