Sunday, June 21, 2009

37 Years....A retrospective

My mom brought me a bunch of old pictures recently, which led me down a path of revisiting my life. As we went through the pictures, the kids and I compared how different I looked from myself of today, but how similar, at different stages in my life, I looked like one of my children or another. I started thinking about who I was during these different times in my life. I decided to get all the pictures in one place...the good, the bad, and the ugly... to remind myself of the path I took to become who I am today. 3 years Old
5 Years Old
6 years Old
7 Years Old
8 Years Old
11 Years Old
12 Years Old
Evans Middle School Dance- 12 years old
Valentines Dance - 1986 -14 years old
Lakeside Basketball Lady Panthers - 15 years old
Prom - 16 Years Old
70's Day at Lakeside High School - 17 years Old
Big Damn Hair - 17 years old
Senior Portrait - 17 years old
High School Graduation - 18 years oldAugusta Crew - 18 years old
Wedding Day - 19 years old
My first home birth - 22 years old
My second home birth - 25 years old
My 3rd home birth - 27 years old
My last home birth - 29 years old
Getting heavy - 31 years
Getting fit - 33 years old
Being a dancer - 35 years old
Being an unschooler - 36 years old
Being me

5 comments:

Heather said...

I love your photos. How cool!

laura said...

oh my gosh, this was wonderful!! great photos. great hair! i remember bandana headbands, i'm gonna bring those back in style along with french folds in my jeans!!

you are beautiful and amazing, and i'm glad to know you!

kelli said...

That was wonderful :) Have an amazing day, you are amazing!

mindy said...

French folds...was that where you folded the bottom of your jeans together and then rolled them up to make them really skinny at the bottom? I remember that...the kids commented on my fasion, or lack there of. Ella's exact words, "Mom, I HATE those jeans!" What were we thinking????

Ren Allen said...

THanks for the glimpse of your growing up. I'm so glad you're YOU and that I got to know such an amazing human being!!