Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wedding Bliss

We ventured down to Montgomery, AL for my cousin's wedding last weekend. In addition to witnessing the nuptials, it was also a time to reconnect with extended family. It was like a mini family reunion. The kids were all asked to do a job for the ceremony, and they took their part very seriously. We spent the last two weeks shopping for appropriate clothing for the event, because as most of you know, my kids are more the "life clothes" kind of people than the "fancy clothes" kind. In the end, and after too many hours at the mall, they all found attire they were happy with. I had to shop in the men's department for Alex. His pant size is a 30 x 32! I absolutely cannot believe that! And Sophie ended up picking out an outfit from the ladies section. Another whammy! My kids are growing and doing and being and I love it!
The kids loved the wedding. Quite a departure from last year's viewing of my wedding video! Sophie said she wasn't sure any wedding could match this one. Pretty tall shoes to fill. I didn't include them, but Max took about 50 pictures of the food at the reception. It was incredible.

We convinced my cousin Joey, his wife, and 2 children to stop by our house on their way home to Rhode Island. We had a little down time hanging out with them. It was the perfect ending to a fabulous weekend.



The Rehearsal Dinner




Me with my cousin Becky (The bride -to -be)

John and Ella


My cousin James with his girlfriend Celina

Cousins Heather and Joey; Uncle John

Second cousins Charissa and James (Joey's kids)

Adorable Alex

Uncle Dave (father of the bride), Becky, and Dean (groom-to be)

Uncle Jerry (my mom's bother) giving one of his famously heart-felt speeches

Heather (sister of the bride)...laughing and being her beautiful self

My parents with John and the boys

The view from the balcony at The Capital City Club

My sister Molly with Sophie


Ella and James playing on the balcony
Mindy, Molly(my sister), Judy (my mom), Megan (my sister), and Mary( my aunt)

Molly, Aunt Mamie (mother of the bride), Megan, and Uncle Al

My mom and her sister Mamie


The Wedding


Max waiting to greet guests
Molly and Megan with the girls at their post...the guest book


Alex and John looking dapper and in charge of the music

The Bride and Groom

3 comments:

laura said...

you have such a lovely family...and a lovely way of sharing them.

Madeline Rains said...

Such a beautiful set of sisters you are! I tagged you. See my blog.

Unknown said...

I love that wedding dress, with the lacy overlay over the neckline like that. Are there any pics of the full dress? I think I am going to print that out and bring it to every shop on http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html until I find one that can make me something like that. It is gorgeous!! You've just saved my wedding dress!