Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Birthday John




Yesterday, we celebrated John turning 41. This year's celebration was very different from last year's...the difference feels like a hint of changes in our lives

This year, it was just us: me, John, and the kids. We spent the day doing a whole lot of little things. It was so beautiful, I moved all my sewing stuff out onto the back deck so I could work while watching John and the kids on the trampoline. John asked the kids to help him cut, move and stack wood for a birthday present. They all worked pretty merrily, while I watched from my spot on the deck, listening to some new cd's I got John for his birthday.

When the work was done and the weather grew a bit chilly, we headed inside and watched
Mad Max The Road Warrior . John loves this movie, and we had it dvr'd. Oh, Happy Day!

Then John made his own birthday dinner...I know... that sounds awful! But, he knew what he wanted (croque-monsier), and how to make it. So, we just tried to help out where we could. I did make him a fabulous bittersweet chocolate tart and cleaned the dishes after :)
It was laid back and extremely enjoyable. I love spending days together in our little piece of paradise.

4 comments:

kelli said...

Happy happy birthday John! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful day :)

gail said...

Happy Birthday John!! I think family birthdays are the best.

Madeline Rains said...

Happy Birthday John! Hope to see all of you soon.

laura said...

happy birthday to john!! what an absolutely perfectly delicious day!!