Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Checking Off Items On My Vision Board

We were anticipating a visit from a wonderful family this weekend, but at the last minute it didn't happen. We know these people are meant to be in our lives, so we'll keep that revolving door open hoping to catch them another time :)

Instead of moping about, we decided to get to work and scratch some things off our Vision Board...namely, flower and vegetable gardens. Yay Us!!!!


We (re: John) hauled 2 loads of Black Gold organic bulk planting mix to put in the gardens. Our neighbor generously let us use his pick-up pretty much the whole weekend. That my friends, was a lot of dirt!


We also decided to make the front of the raised bed stacked stone that we (re: Alex and Max) gathered from around our property.




The work was hard and very rewarding. We had a fabulous day. It ended with a bonfire, a little cold beer, music, and s'mores








5 comments:

kelli said...

Mindy it looks awesome! How exciting :)

gail said...

I wanna see it! Your garden. And you!

mindy said...

Oh my goodness, I can't tell you how exciting it is!
Gail...open invite. Anytime. Seriosly. Anytime.

Christine said...

I love how you used rocks to build the raised garden. What are you growing?

mindy said...

One bed is all tomatoes, the other has strawberries, canteloupe, and okra. I have a daylily bed, an iris bed, and two beds that are a mixture of various deer resistant flowers...signet marigolds, yarrow, bee balm, dianthus, verbena, russian sage, poppies, hollyhocks, sunflowers, and a few others. I LOVE flowers. I am so happy with my beautiful gardens.