Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Room with a View

The hill leading to our hiking trails
Looking down on our driveway
Max's picture of his favorite tree
The view from my bed as I wake up
Looking out over the deck off our bedroom View from the laundry line
The laundry line
I love waking up every morning to the incredible view out of my bedroom window. I feel so lucky to have ended up in what I consider paradise. We've made a lot of sacrifices, and have had some good fortune to be here. Almost 10 years ago, we decided to become debt free using Dave Ramsey as our guide. This decision, although racked with several beater cars and living very frugally, was the best decision we ever made. It allowed us the freedom to make choices. Choices that led us to a new life, many new shifts in our thinking and in our parenting, a career for John that has allowed him inordinate amounts of time with us, and finally, to our little paradise.

2 comments:

kelli said...

Oh, Mindy, it's beautiful. It sure does look like paradise :)

I <3 Trees!

Madeline Rains said...

I love the pictures, especially the one of your clothesline.

And thanks for the Dave Ramsey link. So interesting.