Friday, November 2, 2007

Certified Dancer

Well, my dance weekend went better than I expected. I left for the trip feeling worried that it would be about judging and deeming us worthy...the experience was anything but and sooo worth the time away from my family and the money I spent.



I loved getting the opportunity to learn directly from Carolena. All the nuances and motivations behind different moves were made very clear and I loved it. It is humbling to put myself in the role of student...having to get moves or parts of moves and then dance them. I tried to just be in the moment and not worry too much about writing things down. I loved following Carolena. She is such a strong and beautiful leader. I truly felt honored to dance with her.



I also met some very cool ladies from around the U.S. We met up each night for dinner out and had some great conversations that helped me clarify my purpose and future goals as far as dance is concerned. Their wisdom, experience, and advise was an unexpected and truly welcome addition to my dance certification weekend.



Thankfully, in the end, the Certification was not about getting the piece of paper. It really was about experiencing this revolutionary woman in person, and having the opportunity to learn from her and dance with her.

No comments: