Saturday, July 25, 2009

Busy Being Me

On our way home from Ella's gymnastics class, she and I had the following conversation:

Ella: "Mom, why haven't we done our alone time yet?"
Mom: "Well, we've been pretty busy lately...Max and Sophie were busy with Nature Camp, Alex has been busy with WoW, you've been busy with gymnastics..."
Ella: Mom, I've been busy being me."

Yes indeed.

Some of our wonderful busy-ness:

1).The Coulters came for a visit. As usual, Shanna inspired me beyond belief and we worked diligently researching and testing all natural ways to make my aprons water repellent, with bees wax :)
2). Sophie injuring herself, having to get a tetanus shot, reacting VERY badly to the tetanus shot(her first ever immunization), then having minor surgery to remove pieces of wood from her foot
3). Alex leaving on his very first ever trip ALONE to Hawk Circle, in upstate NY, where he had to fly by himself
4). Losing computer and email function for several days, on ALL our home computers
5). Getting tickets, through Madeline, for So You Think You Can Dance
6). Having our neighbor come shoot a sick, possibly rabid raccoon
7). Making bread
8). Gardening
9). Eating tomatoes
10). Eating more tomatoes

3 comments:

Heather said...

I hope Sophie's foot is feeling better. That sounds painful. It also sounds like life is full right now. :-) I love that!

laura said...

oh wow!! what a wonderful thing to be...busy being me!! that girl is amazing!!

poor sophie, give her a hug from us!!!

i wanna go to the SYTYCD tour... =)
enjoy!!!

miss you guys!!

kelli said...

Ooo! I hope Sophie's ok! Yuck! Poor girl :( See you soon!