Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Playing Catch Up - Part Three

ARGH!!!!

The Nerf Wars

The teens hanging out...awesomely awesome


Sophie and Livia became friends; Ella and Lexi reconnected


Max and Jesse with their amazing Henna

Broc was the henna hero...who knew?

It's all freehand...pretty impressive!
More henna, more beautiful girls

Friends...
Alec and Alex...I love these guys

We attended our second ARGH gathering and once again it was fabulous. Roan Mountain is beautiful, and the park/cabins are awesome.

As much as we love the natural beauty and setting, we go for the camaraderie and friendship. There is something special about the relaxed nature of ARGH...not a conference, but a little more than just hanging out. There is always something interesting popping up, passions shared.
Many people who go, we would not get to see otherwise. But it's also a place to meet up with dear friends who we do get to see more regularly.
My kids are in their element at ARGH. They enjoy not having to explain their lives to friends. They love the freedom this particular setting provides, and the whole group hanging out sort of thing.

We'll be back. Keep it coming..I've already got the next dates in my planner :)


6 comments:

kelli said...

It was wonderful :) I was so into it I only took 1 picture *cry*, oh well, that's ok; it's all good!

Cap'n Franko said...

Jealous here!

Glad y'all had fun!

mindy said...

Kelli, I tend to take a bunch of pictures once or twice, and then forget about it the rest of the time! I'm so glad for the peeps who take picts the whole time!

Frank, I'll be the one whose jealous coming up here soon! Good thing we've got these regional events, so all of us on both coasts and everywhere inbetween get the chance to congregate :)

gail said...

Thanks for sharing the pix here, Mindy! It was all so fun.

mindy said...

Gail...I loved doing yoga with you and the other ladies! That was a highlight of this ARGH for me.

Ren Allen said...

The yoga was awesome. I'm trying to remember the poses because it made my body feel so good.:)

Thanks for sharing...I am so glad for the gathering and the people, like you all,who make it so special.