Sunday, January 18, 2009

This Game is So Much Fun

These are the words spoken by my kids regarding World of Warcraft. Thanks to some extreme tutelage from the Traaseth family, all 4 of the kids are happily creating characters, leveling up, going on quests, exploring new territories, battling beings, and having a blast. This game has brought so much into our lives, it's hard to describe how many areas it has touched: percentages, problem solving, orienteering, budgeting, language arts, keyboarding, leadership, arithmetic, patience, time management, cooperation, gratitude, etc....and we've only just begun. The kids have only been playing for about a month, and they continue to expand their world everyday through this game.

3 comments:

kelli said...

It is so much fun. Especially playing with each other! I love exploring!! See you guys in Azeroth!

laura said...

my kids love it too!! i'm still trying to figure it out. it's definitely not a "mindless activity"...LOL...it requires a lot from the old noggin'!! lots to learn in there for sure!!

i'm going at my own speed with our new wii and the easy peasy games on there, like billiards (which refreshes my brain on the art of trajectory btw).

i'll catch up with ya'll on WoW one day =)

Madeline Rains said...

Though I can't say I love it myself, I do love how much my boys are loving playing it too. I just don't have that gene, yet. : ) They love getting together with your's online.