Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bliss

I have found her...my hero, my savior, my new Massage Therapist! When I received the two massages for my birthday at a relatively new clinic called Body Wisdom, I was happy and excited that I could ration out my two massages. I have, however, been spoiled by a few life-changing massages, and therefore, have been disappointed by many more that have not lived up to my expectations. I have some very deep muscle issues that require intense bodywork. So I went in wanting it all, but expecting some fluff and stuff. Not only was this massage no kind of fluff and stuff, but it was so amazingly therapeutic that I wept when it was over. I actually wept...with sheer pleasure and joy. I have found her. She is a genius and I have now worked it into the budget so I can get a massage every two weeks. I am truly in heaven!

5 comments:

kelli said...

Yay! I'm so glad you found someone. Awesome!

Abbi Traaseth said...

So you went again, and you loved it! Again!! That's so great, and I'm so happy for you! I'm thinking of maybe finding someone who can massage... I know I'm young 'n all (I get people scowling at me all the time when I say I have tense shoulders... apparently I'm not allowed to start worrying about that until I'm older, 'cause "I don't know what I'm talking about.")

But anyway, my shoulders actually are pretty tense, and I get these unexplained knots. Thankfully my dad is pretty okay at them messages when I really need it. :) I guess if it costs a lot of money to go to a masseuse casually I can deal with his until I really *do* need 'em...

mindy said...

Abbi, I have no doubt that you know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to needing a massage...anyone who has such an innate feel for it as you do has to! I promise to pay you in kind next time we see you. I can't promise my massages are as good as yours!!! Take your dad up on as many as he is willing to give!

Madeline Rains said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. Going every two weeks will change your life.

laura said...

wow!! i too have had uncontrollable tears during a massage. i've only had that one though, never was one to go in for that sort of thing. but i will never forget that experience. he said i was releasing a lot of stored up emotion and to just let it out. i couldn't have held it back if i wanted. i didn't even know why i was crying, i just was.

i will have to do it again one day, but i also have that disappointment thing. somehow things just never live up to my expectations especially if i've had the best!