Thursday, January 3, 2008

Nuclear Family

We've been traveling and staying friends and family since Dec. 22. Last night was the first time we have been alone as a family for almost 2 weeks. I never realized how much I enjoy our private family time. I was really tired after our drive down to St. Pete, it was freezing! I really wanted to just veg out in the hotel room and eat what we bought at the grocery store, but John found this really cool Northern Italian restaurant (exactly what I had requested earlier), so I put on all my cold weather gear and went out. As I enjoyed a great bottle of wine with John and watched the kids around the table, I felt so happy for it to just be us again. We had a fabulous meal: sea bass, mussels, home made pasta, soup, calamari....yum. It truly was a wonderful night, and I so enjoyed my nuclear family. I really enjoyed all of our visiting, but it is perfect that we get to spend the last couple days of our holiday with it just being us...a very restorative and relaxing end of 2007 and beginning of 2008.

1 comment:

Madeline Rains said...

Yes! I hear you. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I hope you got some warmth. Sending warm wishes your way - from down under.