Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Exactly

Lyrics by Amy Steinberg. I have been listening to and belting out this song a lot lately. It's just so perfect. I needed to write the words down. I wrote these lyrics without Amy's permission, and I omitted part of the song...you really need to hear it for yourself. If you check out her site, she has all the lyrics posted for all of her songs.

I am exactly where I need to be I need to be exactly where I am I am a blessing manifest

I can undress the moment naked time unwinds beneath my mind and from within I find the kind of beauty only I can find

I am exactly where I need to be I need to be exactly where I am I am surrendering so willingly to be the perfect me inside this now and truly how else could it be destiny she blesses me destiny she blesses me

When I try to fight or run I only wind up back at square one and when I think I know what's best for me, Fate, she takes me back to exactly where I need to be

I am exactly where I need to be I need to be exactly where I am I am divinely timed and shining brightly, Yes I believe that there's a purpose just for me, Yes, I believe that we are light and we shine infinitely

I am exactly where I need to be I need to be exactly where I am I am not aimlessly existing see...I am in perfect harmony with universal energy and I am truly free when I accept my own divinity

...and when I am alone and full of fear I just remember the rising sun always appears, everyday miracles that I see, well, they take me back to exactly where I need to be

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Mindy:
I just found your blog today b/c Madeline linked to it. I'm so glad to have found it! I also love this song. I like it as a mantra for myself, but it always makes me think of Gillian (Craig used it to make a birthday video of her, which I loved loved loved, and it was the first time I had heard the song). Of course, I'm always happy to think of Gillian, so there's no problem there. It's such a great song.

Anyway, I'm so glad to have found you, and I will come back and read more. The Gratitude Journal looks amazing. I want to know more about it....

mindy said...

Hey Rachel! I remember meeting you as you guys were pulling out and heading home after Live and Learn. I read your blog as well and enjoy the view of your beautiful unschooling lives.

gail said...

yeah Mindy, I found your blog while reading Madeline's. I just love all these connections. Hope to see you all before too long!

mindy said...

Hey Gail! Now I get to check out your blog!!!Yeah Me!

Tara W. said...

I found this song not long ago and just LOVE it too!

Unknown said...

Hi Mindy. I've been reading your blog lately and really like it. Thanks for sharing! I'm passing on an Excellent award to you. If you're interested, you can pass it on to ten others... Enjoy!
http://www.xanga.com/janeb602

mindy said...

Tara, thanks for checking in on my blog! I can't wait to have a look at yours.

Jane, thanks for the award! I am a relative newby to the blogging world, and don't know 10 blogs who haven't already received the award....so sad!