Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Much to be thankful for

We hosted Thanksgiving year. My parents came, as well as one of my brothers, his wife, and their two daughters.
Thanksgiving has always held a very special place in our family. My parents (my mom and step dad) met on Thanksgiving 32 years ago. I was 4 years old. See, my sister went to kindergarten with these twin boys whose mother had died shortly after giving birth. She invited them with their dad to our house to celebrate the holiday. 4 months later my parents got married. It was truly a fairytale romance.
We had a wonderful time cooking, eating, hiking, climbing, and playing games. We really do have so much to be thankful for... our family, our home, our lifestyle which allows us all to shine... I love my life.

Uno, good coffee, hot chocolate, and cinnamon rolls


Littlest Pet Shop resurrects itself..along with Dora's House


Cooking and drinking beer around the kitchen...c'mon!

Another trip to Rock Town



2 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

Your family is so cute. I love that picture of your mom especially.

laura said...

beautiful story of your parent's meeting!! just wonderful!!

you have an amazing family...wait, i think i told you that already...LOL!!!