Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Braggin'

I was asked by some friends to be in a variety show they were producing. They wanted me and several of my students to be in a belly dance number. I declined on the grounds that the vision they had for the piece conflicted with my philosophy of ATS(American Tribal Style Belly dance). However, I told them Max and I did a duet, combining hip-hop and tribal belly dance. They liked it and a Pinocchio-themed piece was created! Max is most definitely the star. I am simply the back-up dancer. He steals the show anyway...I mean, how could he not? Lo and behold, they discovered Ella could do gymnastics, and asked her to be in the show as well.

At one of our rehearsals, an incredible videographer filmed the proceedings. He made this promo video and now it's on YouTube. Yup, we're famous :)

7 comments:

kelli said...

aw man, I wanna go! hmmmm..

Awesome Mindy!

laura said...

you guys are amazing!! this is tomorrow!! wow, i wish we could come see the show!! have fun!!

mindy said...

Okay...Laura, Kelli...you and your awesomely awesome families are officially invited to stay with us this weekend and come to the fabulous, awesome, incredible Chattanooga Creative Living Circus!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Looks way fun - break a leg!!!

Madeline Rains said...

Oh man! Now I feel even more lousy about not getting there. That looked amazing. I wanted to see more of you and Max though! Of course. : ) Ella, what a split!

Ren Allen said...

Dang! I have such kewl friends.:)
Is there going to be a video of the final productions? Or snippets of it anyway? That looks amazing.

Sarah said...

That video was very cool - the blend of so many different dances into one night's performance must have been amazing.

I wiki'd ATSBD and it looks very fun. I tried belly dancing with some friends in college. The teacher refused to even teach me - said I was too skinny. Maybe that will be something I will try this year...