Thursday, November 6, 2008

ARGH!

We had a fabulous time this past weekend in East Tennessee. Thank you Ren, for organizing a great gathering of unschoolers. It was really relaxing, and we were all able to connect a bit more with old friends and new. I love these smaller get-togethers for that reason. While some of our favorite friends were greatly missed, we got to know some other really awesome people that I know we'll keep in touch with in the months to come. I didn't get many pictures, and wish I had some to commemorate the following moments... the ladies who came to dance with me; Elisabeth and Marissa who took Ella under their wings; Lexie, Kat, Livie and Ella swinging and hiking and playing together; Gail and her amazing art project; Kass and her sister and their paraffin hand wax; all the fairy god parents and children; Max C. hanging with my Max; Sophie, Sierra, Kiera, and Sadie hanging out together; Alex finally getting to experience WoW under Alec's tutelage; doing the dollar store with Kelli, Abby and Olivia; the great cabins with the front porch swings and rocking chairs...especially with a few of us rocking away, sipping wine, chatting it up.



At the top of Roan Mountain
Ella and Livia palying on the rocks
The last night
Max ready to melt down after a day of hard playing

5 comments:

Steph said...

It was so fabulous spending time with you, getting to know you and your kiddos. I can't wait to see you again! :0)

Kass said...

I loved seeing you and your children at ARGH! I am still so bummed that I missed dancing with you. That's OK because I know I'll see you again soon.

Ren told me that your family ended up with both of my children for the Fairy Godparent event. Please tell your children that my boys loved their gifts!

Pax likes the old scary movies the best. That was a great idea. We watched one of the movies the other night with Heather (the singer at ARGH) and had a lot of fun together. Jayden's favorite was his coon skinned hat which he continues to wear ;)

See you soon!

Ren Allen said...

SO glad you guys made it! Can't wait for the next one.:)

Unknown said...

curses! We (some friends and I) had just been talking about ARGH! and thought it happened sometime in October. I would so love to have attended.

I'll shall have to keep my eyes peeled for more info. Plus I want to get up to N. GA to hang with your tribe, Kelli's tribe, and Wendy and Shelby.

BTW Taran turns 7 in 2.5 weeks.

Hugs,
Kimba

mindy said...

Hey Kimba! I'm sorry you missed ARGH...but Ren is planning more in the future! We also look forward to getting together with you. How cool that our kids' were practically born on the same day!