Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Old Friends, New Friends, Red Friends, Blue Friends

I was totally inspired by Kelly's Imagination Tribe weekend. Basically, she arranged for a group of unschooling grown-ups to hang out for the weekend at a cabin exploring and sharing art. Madeline and I both planned on attending, but realized it was too far and came at a very busy time in our lives. We were both so disappointed when we had to cancel, that when the opportunity presented itself to have an impromptu ladies get-away, we decided to focus at least some of our time on the creative process. Four of us, all mothers to at least one young child, gathered at my house for a bit of time away from the loving, nurturing energy of being moms. We're not all unschoolers, and found that the differences between us inspired incredible conversation and food for thought. We did spend some time on various creative endeavors, but the weekend was really more about women communing together over good food, good wine, and good conversation. Oh yeah, and milking the cow. So for Shanna and Madeline, my old friends, and Claudia, my new friend, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for a very cool and memorable weekend. Our connections are deeper and our community is stronger by taking the time to be together.

2 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

I thank you, you kick-ass hostess! I do like this picture because of the amazing food and company. Who needs a chin when they can have a few? ;)

mindy said...

I wish I would have had more pictures to choose from! However, we all know you have just one beautiful chin.