Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Beautiful Ladies

For the past 10 weeks, I had the privilege of teaching some amazing women the art of Tribal Belly Dance. I am always honored to dance with women when they put their heart and souls into learning something so new to them. Belly dance can mean many different things to people. For me, it is a powerful catalyst for women to come together, supporting each other, helping each other, learning from each other, all in a way that provides for everyone the chance to move their bodies, sweat a little, and challenge themselves. This class in particular was very special to me, as it marked the beginning of my participation in a dance community that will include many different forms of dance. As the culmination of our class, we had a performance for all the loved ones and friends of the dancers to have a glimpse of what they've been working on so hard. The women I worked with absolutely amazed me. Not only were they stunningly beautiful, but they were strong, and confident, and I felt so joyful watching them own their dance. They gave me the okay to post their picture on my blog.

Ladies: Here's to you! Cheers!


No comments: