Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Project 365: April 22, 2008 Day 19 "Sharing the Bounty"

I knew I wouldn't be able to last a whole year with only pictures. I simply like to talk too much!

Not only did we have a great time with Madeline and Nicolas, but they completely shared their bounty with us. This is no small thing, as their bounty is organic veggies , and we're probably the biggest foodies on the planet!!! And not only is it organic veggies, but ASPARAGUS, picked fresh and then roasted! Oh my god. I have had my share of roasted asparagus, but never this fresh and incredibly good. I didn't get any pictures because I was too busy eating the freshly roasted stalks...so eager I didn't mind a little seared flesh because they were so hot. Hmmm...the problem now is will any other asparagus taste as good to me? Highly doubtful. What I did get a picture of today was another shared bounty from Nicolas. This time in the form of some plants from the farm that John is going to try to coax into our own tomatoes and peppers. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping he can grow what Nicolas started.


No comments: