Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Meet




Ella had her first competitive meet as a level 4 gymnast. I thought I'd be a wreck, watching her and her teammates, especially on the beam and bars. Thanks to Madeline's recommendation for some homeopathics, I was fine. It might have helped that this was a meet strictly for the judges to get their ducks in a row, and the gymnasts weren't officially scored. We did get their results at the end, and Ella did fantastic. I was so surprised by how calm and confident she was, and at her skill level. It blows me away all that she has learned in this past year. It's interesting to me how she needs me even more in daily life lately, but goes out there on her own and does her thing. Maybe that's why she's been needing me so much. I'm glad I can be here for her everyday, as much as is needed.

2 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

Go Ella! And yay mom. : )

kelli said...

That's awesome and so exciting :)